Quizilla Anime Writers Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series?

5 posters

Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series?

Post  Horse-Youkai Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:48 am

Hello all~

I posted a poll of Quizilla a couple of days ago asking if people would be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" series. It would have various topics ranging from getting started, to the issue of inspiration, creating OCs, etc. I was wondering if anyone would also be intersted in something like that on here? We could all post our own little blurbs of helpful hints and what not to help eachother.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/Horse-Youkai/profile/

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Oh yeah.

Post  dinomaniac Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:52 am

This one's a yes.

Seriously, there're still Bishie-driven tween writers out there who spreads the Mary sue-age. This one's a hot issue.

And when I first started in quizilla, I really needed to ask for help on how to gather readers. Readers like stories with icons, symbols, and such more than that of a plain ol' text. It's like the cover of a book.

Well, that's all. Cool
dinomaniac
dinomaniac

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Tots.

Post  Horse-Youkai Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:47 am

Yes, I agree with you fully. OK, I will start on it.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Re: Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series?

Post  SardonicStrawberry Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I agree completely with dinomaniac. There really are amazing writers who never get any views on their stories because they don't know the basic attention grabbers. ...The Mary Sue syndrome is another huge issue, too. = 3=

I look forward to seeing this~ :D

By the way, I am in total love with your America icon, Horse-Youkai~ ♥ C:
SardonicStrawberry
SardonicStrawberry

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/herecomesaria/profile/

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Re: Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series?

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:40 pm

I also agree. I'm a decent writer, but I think even I could use more tips. So I know a lot of people could use the help. And if it stops the Mary-Sues some, perfect! I look forward to seeing it.
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Location : Moving through the shadows between the light and dark of The World That Never Was.

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Cool!

Post  Horse-Youkai Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:34 pm

@SardonicStrawberry: Why thank you~ I must say I am quite infatuated with it myself!

@Everyone: Yes, the Mary-Sue issue and reader-attention grabbers I think are good issues to cover. Should this be posted on Quizilla so that other writers not on the forum can see it or should we just make like, a collection of essay-like entries and post them here?
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Post  SardonicStrawberry Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 am

Lol, to be quite honest, I'm tempted to steal your America/Superman/Clark Kent. 8U

Well, I'd say you post it on Quizilla and advertise it here. To just post it here wouldn't bring much help to the non-forum users.
SardonicStrawberry
SardonicStrawberry

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/herecomesaria/profile/

Back to top Go down

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:41 pm

*nods* I agree. Both would be helpful.
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Location : Moving through the shadows between the light and dark of The World That Never Was.

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Coolio!

Post  Horse-Youkai Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 pm

@SardonicStrawberry: Bahaha, well I didn't make it myself and I stole it from Photobucket so feel free!

I started the first part so I just have to proof read it and then once it's finished I'll post the link on here.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Post  KamikazeKat Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Yeah...I hate Mary Sues as well [I've even seen some Gary Stu-s on Zilla as well]--I seriously hope my two OCs aren't Sues Shocked ...at least, I think they aren't.

One issue that you might want to bring up: spacing in stories. Some people for some reason type their stories on Zilla and sometimes words are meshed together [something likethis].

Another one might be descriptions. Let me explain--sometimes when people are trying to describe something, the either don't use a lot of clear details, use a picture instead of details (I was guilty of doing this a few times), or sometimes go into detial overload (like Stephen King does sometimes) where you aren't sure what details are important or have trouble putting the pieces of info together.

Good luck on your stories/advice pieces~
KamikazeKat
KamikazeKat

Back to top Go down

Would anyone be interested in a "How to Survive Quizilla" Series? Empty Good idea

Post  Horse-Youkai Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 am

@KamikazeKat: Yeah, the spacing thing is a little annoying, it's happened to me a few times but that's usually from Failzilla messing with my spacing. On my Word doc. it's not meshed together but I think the formatting gets messed up and I haven't quite figured it out yet.

And yes, the detail part I will talk about.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down