Quizilla Anime Writers Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer

3 posters

Go down

Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer Empty Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer

Post  SardonicStrawberry Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:58 am

I was searching on the forums today, and guess what I found?

An explanation from Admin - Kate!
(Finally.)

Here's the link: http://forums.quizilla.teennick.com/showthread.php?p=7535183#post7535183

And what she said:

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I've been working with the Tech Dept. all day to try to figure out what's up. The short story is that someone turned on a feature to "archive" any material on the site that is older than 90 days.

I'm working with them to see if all the lost content can be recovered. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know more.

In the meantime, archiving is something that Quizilla is going to have to start doing. What do you all think is an appropriate amount of time to allow content to remain on the site?

"Archiving", eh? I wonder if that's just a clever word for 'delete.'
If so, as Mercuryskullbunny had responded, it'll be strange for newcomers to Quizilla if they try to read a story, and chapters are missing.

Well, I guess we'll figure that out in good time.
At least we have ANSWERS now.
SardonicStrawberry
SardonicStrawberry

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/herecomesaria/profile/

Back to top Go down

Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer Empty Re: Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:27 pm

So that's what happened, eh? Well, at least I can put everything back up without worrying about them being taken down, right? 'Cause I really don't like only having the last 7 out of 17 chapters I posted of Twisted Fate up. I don't like people possibly confused who haven't read it until after everything was removed. Nye, not cool! DX Still, why the hell did the person do that to us?! Was it an 'Oops' thing?! Nye, I'm still angry about it!
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Location : Moving through the shadows between the light and dark of The World That Never Was.

Back to top Go down

Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer Empty Re: Why Quizilla started deleting our things: an answer

Post  KasukaNaKaori Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 am

Okay. I've got it right. But let me try to get this thing.

So, everything that have been in the site for a certain amount of time is going to be deleted?
That's not fair.

But well, Katie said that they are going to post an announcement in the site soon. I guess I'm going to wait until I see what happens...
I hope this is true also.
KasukaNaKaori
KasukaNaKaori
Admin

https://kakikomi-shakai.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down