Quizilla Anime Writers Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works?

+3
XxSoulessPuppetxX
UbeSorbetes
SardonicStrawberry
7 posters

Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works?

Post  SardonicStrawberry Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:56 pm

I think this would go in this section... -.-

As the title states.

Well, if you haven't looked yet, you might want to!
Quizzie's deleted just about everything from my account. And none of them were against the rules. o__O WHATTHEHELL. D8
I never wrote much, anyway, BUT STILL.

Are any of you missing things?
And though it's unlikely, anybody know why it's happening?
SardonicStrawberry
SardonicStrawberry

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/herecomesaria/profile/

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty Re: Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works?

Post  UbeSorbetes Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:45 pm

For whatever reason, anything that was written before late 2011 is being removed. I haven't the slightest idea why, it just is -_-

Stories from my old account were deleted. Despite them being total shit, I don't appreciate my work being taken down without reason. Sort of how I don't like people drawing on my pictures, trying to help me.

It's pissing me off. Stories I've loved over the years are gone, just like that! I just can't understand it.

SUPER FROWNY FACE GOES HERE.
UbeSorbetes
UbeSorbetes

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty WHAT THE HECK

Post  XxSoulessPuppetxX Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Now that you mention it,
All my old works are gone! D:
I demand an explanation B|
XxSoulessPuppetxX
XxSoulessPuppetxX

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty Re: Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works?

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Dude, what the hell?! I just checked, and on my one account, wanderingsilverrose13, some of my stuff was deleted! D: What the effing hell?! The Lavi one-shot I worked so hard on for someone is just GONE! DX< Quizilla, you are a FAIL! You delete my Roxy one-shot, and I'll be so effing pissed (even though I can just repost it)! That's one of my favorite one-shots!!! I worked so hard on it, too! Waaaaahh, Truth Or Dare Lavi One-Shot, please come back... I worked so hard on you. *cries in corner*

*light-bulb moment* Oh, yeah. I can just repost it. I saved it once I realized I needed to put it on a flashdrive. After 'that' happened.

'That' refers to when all my work on one-shot requests got deleted. The fiasco that made me swear off doing one-shot requests again.

But still... it got removed. T-T There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, either! Quizilla, why you be such a shit?! TT-TT
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Location : Moving through the shadows between the light and dark of The World That Never Was.

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty It has Failed Epically

Post  Horse-Youkai Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm

I would say about 97% of my stuff is gone. I am not pleased. I've tried to contact the Quizilla site runner's twice and still have not recieved a reply. I'm honestly thinking of just giving up on that site and publishing on others. I mean, the mods. obviously don't respect us as users if they don't even bother to inform of of our OWN work being deleted. "Imagine it. Create it. Share it." Riiiight.

Even if it's a bug or something, they should have sent out a message to us or something.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/Horse-Youkai/profile/

Back to top Go down

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 pm

@Horse-Youkai: THANK YOU FOR SAYING THAT! They should have given us warning. My suggestion: Start saving what you have left to a text document. And watch out for more stuff being deleted.
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Location : Moving through the shadows between the light and dark of The World That Never Was.

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty HUGE MEGA-FAIL

Post  Horse-Youkai Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:44 pm

@silverrose13/psychoyuki: Thankfully, the stuff that was deleted that I actually care about I have saved. But I'm just so mad. My Kuroshitsuji story had TWO THOUSAND views on it, and now only the last two chapters remain. I do agree with you on converting. AND YOU'RE WELCOME Very Happy

I mean it's just... ugh. I'm disgusted. I'm honestly revolted. Their stupid "Staff Blog" that's supposed to keep us informed hasn't been up in MONTHS. Are they literally just sitting in their office staring at the screen while we all freak out?

@UbeSorbetes: SUPER MEGA FROWNY FACE DUDE!

I can't decide if I want to re-upload everything I want, create a new account and start from scratch, or just move completely to a different site. I've already made a Luna & Wattpad account and posted on the Wattpad, but I can't imagine leaving Quizilla. They've entangled me in their web...
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Post  XxSoulessPuppetxX Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:47 pm

I find it such a shame that many of the Quizilla writers are so talented, and yet Sugar Honey Iced Tea happens to them. :L
I'm also tempted to move, however I've only ever been on Quizilla and its tedious to copy and paste everything...
XxSoulessPuppetxX
XxSoulessPuppetxX

Back to top Go down

Post  xEutopiax Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:01 am

SAME. D8
I log on yesterday and everything was just GONE.
I thought maybe it was some kind of weird computer glitch at first, it's failzilla, god knows it's possible >>
B-but it's not back!
Evil or Very Mad

I really am considering moving, but what are some good sites to transfer to?
xEutopiax
xEutopiax

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/xeutopiax/profile/

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty RWAR

Post  Horse-Youkai Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:13 am

MORE of my stuff is gone today! I'm writing them a very long message as we speak, though I doubt they'll care.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty My Letter to Quizilla

Post  Horse-Youkai Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:19 am

"To whom it may concern,

I'm disappointed and disgusted. I have tried to contact you twice to find some answers as to what is happening, but no one has bothered to get back to me. I have been a loyal member on this site since 2006, and I have stuck it out even after YOU changed this site and never fulfilled the promises you made to us. (Where are the homepages, huh?)

You even took down your staff blog, which is supposed to let us know what's going on. It hasn't been up FOR MONTHS. If this is a bug, I would suggest messaging all members and explaining the situation.

If not, I will leave this site. I know that may not matter, but once a lot of us leave I bet you will.
Do you not have any self-respect? This is your website, and you treat it and the users like garbage. I mean seriously, WHAT do you do with yourself all day. This freaking site is owned by NICK, someone has to be paying you to do this. You may not understand this, but this site and the writing on it mean a lot to the members. And you just dump all over that with your apathy and ignoring the users.

Have a great day, and I appreciate someone to do their job and reply."

What do you guys think? xD
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Post  xEutopiax Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:23 am

@Horse-Youkai

Absoutely perfect!
Couldn't have done it any better myself, great job! Very Happy

...Those stupid mods :/
Everybody should just ban together and ditch QZ. That'll show 'em.
xEutopiax
xEutopiax

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/xeutopiax/profile/

Back to top Go down

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:08 am

@Horse-Youkai: Oh, yes, definitely perfect. I like it.

As of now, I'm letting all my friends know about what's going on. My pride and joy of a story on wanderingsilverrose13, Twisted Fate, most chapters have probably disappeared. I don't need to check to know that. My first one-shot, I reposted because I did it for someone. Also a pride and joy. On psychoticyuki, I've lost all but one Organization 13 application, two drabbles, stuff for requests, and all three one-shots I worked very hard on. And probably more. Thankfully, I've saved all my stuff before posting it, or gone back and saved because of something that happened. But needless to say, I'm still very pissed at whatever the hell is going on.

Now, if you haven't already, I urge you to go and save what you still have, and let others on Quizilla know if they don't know already. Or at least make sure they know.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Back to top Go down

Post  SardonicStrawberry Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:29 am

@Horse-Youkai: Absolutely perfect. ...Well, if they ever read it. =.=

Ugh, but seriously? I think I'm through with this site.
As I said earlier, I never wrote much, but what I did have, I don't exactly appreciate it being deleted.

I can only hope that this is a temporary thing they didn't have the decency to give us a heads up about. But... I kind of doubt it. D|

It's sad to say I can believe they have the indecency to not inform us that things would be deleted. It's low. Even for Failzilla.

Anyone know any other sites like Quizzie?
...That work?
SardonicStrawberry
SardonicStrawberry

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/herecomesaria/profile/

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else noticed Quizilla deleting your works? Empty I agree!

Post  Horse-Youkai Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 am

@SardonicStrawberry: I've made a Lunaescence and Wattpad account. I think Luna is the best organized but the downside is they have to validate some of your work before it's published to make sure you're a decent writer, and then after they see a couple works from you then they validate you as an author and you can publish right away. It's a catch 22 really.

Watppad isn't as organized as Luan but it gets the job done.
Horse-Youkai
Horse-Youkai

Back to top Go down

Post  UbeSorbetes Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:20 am

What makes me upset is that all the writers that I've ever so silently admired are all leaving.

And this morning I found out that the one-shots I wrote for people were taken down. And I had worked 5 months on each of those fuckin' things D:<

@Horse-Youkai: That letter is absolutely beautiful, but the mods are so arrogant, they probably won't even consider it. And that upsets me.

But then again, Quizilla was bought by MTV, and look at the shit they've put on that network (16 and Pregnant, Jersey Shore [JERSEYANS AREN'T LIKE THAT x.x], and God knows what else). =__=
UbeSorbetes
UbeSorbetes

Back to top Go down

Post  silverrose13/psychoyuki Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:20 am

My dad has a few theories. Here they are.

The most likely is a former employee who had administrative tools and could remove things is pissed about being fired or whatever. Or something along those lines.

And the other one is a black-hat (all bad) hacker got in and is sending a bug or something to delete everything.

Again, I strongly urge you to save what you have left if you haven't already and tell everyone you can.
silverrose13/psychoyuki
silverrose13/psychoyuki

Back to top Go down

Post  XxBloodyWolfFangsxX Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:36 pm

@Horse-Youkai: Absolutely perfect. Damn quizilla.

Half of my stories all gone and I'm more pissed off because me being an idiot I didn't save them on my USB. Nonetheless they could of warned us. Them being shithead, they've done it before so when I think about it, I'm not all to surprise they deleted it without warning us. I have some of my stories save but I'm still pretty pissed at them, though the main story I'm annoy about being taken down was my Bulletproof Heart on count I only remeber saving three chaps cause other ones got lost on my old USB that's somewhere in my room[who knows where I last put it.]
XxBloodyWolfFangsxX
XxBloodyWolfFangsxX

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user/XxBloodyWolfFangsxX/profile/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down